And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them
power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness
and all kinds of disease. -NKJV
Jesus summoned His twelve disciples and gave them authority and power
over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every kind of disease and
every kind of sickness. -AMP
- Luke 9:1 Now Jesus called together the twelve [disciples] and gave
them [the right to exercise] power and authority over all the demons
and to heal diseases.
- Luke 13:16 And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham,
whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from
this bond on the sabbath day?
- John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to
destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may
have it more abundantly.
- Death and sickness are the enemy of God. Jesus came to give us
victory over death and sickness.
- Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was
bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon
him; and with his stripes we are healed.