A merry heart does good, like medicine,
But a broken spirit dries the bones. -NKJV
A happy heart is good medicine and a joyful mind causes healing, But a broken spirit dries up the bones. -AMP
- Get rid of any negative, pessimistic attitudes and thoughts by focusing on Gods promises. Keep your heart focused on the good things of life. Negativity works against your health.
- Nehemiah 8:10 “Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
- Satan wants to overwhelm us with the bad things of life. He wants us to stay focused on family problems, bad news reports and headlines, all the things we don’t have and wished we did, past failures and mistakes etc.. But the bible warns us that if we consistently meditate on the bad report it will cause the bad to play out in our lives.
- Mark 4:18-19 “Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word, and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.”
- Philippians 4:8-9 “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.