- Isaiah 53:4-5 (NKJV) 4 Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. 5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.
-Jesus carried our sicknesses and pains so we would not have to. Satan
wants to load us up with all kinds of sicknesses and pains and sorrows. He
will load you up so it will destroy you. Jesus already bore that, we do not
have to carry any of it. If the devil says “here, you carry this”, say “no, I’m
not going to carry it”. You may see symptoms but that does not mean you
receive it. You resist it.
-Look back at verses 4 and 5. Notice it says stricken, smitten, afflicted,
- Isaiah 53:4 (NKJV) Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.
- Isaiah 53:5New King James Version (NKJV) But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; themchastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.
-we don’t have to know how healing works to in order to get healed, Just
like we don’t have to know how an engine works to drive a car. However,
the more you understand the operation of healing and how it works the
deeper rooted you will be in it and it will work faster for you.
-Sickness is always referred to in the word of God as a curse, never a
blessing. A curse is something bad, a blessing is something good. You could
say the curse is punishment for breaking Gods laws, or the curse was the
consequence of disobedience. Thus if poverty and sickness are part of the
curse, poverty and sickness are punishments for breaking God’s law.
- Genesis 3:17-19 (NKJV) 17 Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’: “Cursed is the ground for your sake; in toil you shall eat of it all the days of your life. 18 Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, and you shall eat the herb of the field. 19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for dust you are, and to dust you shall return.”
-The curse came because man sinned. God is a righteous and just God and
issued punishment for the sin. When Adam and Eve broke the law, God still
loved them but they were punished which was the cure. God had to punish
even though he loved them, because if there was no punishment for
breaking the law God could be accused of being unfair. Satan could say God
was unfair. God is fair and just and all things are upheld by the word of His
power. What God says, becomes. What God declares is, and we can trust
Him. Justice requires there to be punishment. When Adam broke the law he
was not deceived. Adam eating the fruit was an act of rebellion.
-Plagues and sickness was used like a striking or a smack:
- Deuteronomy 28:27-28(NKJV) 27 The LORD will strike you with the boils of Egypt, with tumors, with the scab, and with the itch, from which you cannot be healed. 28 The LORD will strike you with madness and blindness and confusion of heart.
- The Lord Strikes Nabal (Nabal means fool) 1 Sam. 25:38; Uzzah 2 Sam. 6:6-7; Jeroboam 1 Kings 14:10-11; Herod Acts 12:21-24;
- Micah 6:13(NKJV) 13 “Therefore I will also make you sick by striking you, by making you desolate because of your sins.”
- Hosea 6:1 (NKJV) 6 Come, and let us return to the LORD; for He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up.
-Isaiah saw in the spirit and he said “it please the Lord to bruise him”. As
some were watching the soldiers whip Jesus and beat Him, Isaiah saw in the
spirit that God was smiting Him. He saw punishment being poured out upon
Him. The source of all sickness and disease was poured out on Jesus’s spirit.
- Isaiah 53:7 (KJV) 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet He opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
– Jesus opened not his mouth. Jesus was righteous and yet he took the
beating. We were the guilty and he was righteous. The devil only has a legal
right to oppress the guilty, the unrighteous, the sinner. He has no legal right
to beat the innocent. Satan had no legal right to scourge Jesus that’s why
Jesus did not open his mouth. Satan fell right into God’s trap. Jesus did not
open His mouth like He did in John 18:5 when He forced the soldiers to the
ground. Jesus kept His mouth closed so that we could open our mouths.
- Acts 22:22-29 (NKJV) 22 And they listened to him until this word, and then they raised their voices and said, “Away with such a fellow from the earth, for he is not fit to live!” 23 Then, as they cried out and tore off their clothes and threw dust into the air, 24 the commander ordered him to be brought into the barracks, and said that he should be examined under scourging, so that he might know why they shouted so against him. 25 And as they bound him with thongs, Paul said to the centurion who stood by, “Is it lawful for you to scourge a man who is a Roman, and uncondemned?” 26 When the centurion heard that, he went and told the commander, saying, “Take care what you do, for this man is a Roman.” 27 Then the commander came and said to him, “Tell me, are you a Roman?”He said, “Yes.” 28 The commander answered, “With a large sum I obtained this citizenship.” And Paul said, “But I was born a citizen.” 29 Then immediately those who were about to examine him withdrew from him; and the commander was also afraid after he found out that he was a Roman, and because he had bound him.
-We are not to just sit back and take it. When sickness comes upon your
body remember Jesus kept his mouth closed so that we could open our
mouths and resist. When the enemy try’s to tie you to the whipping post you
need to open your mouth and say “hay is this lawful?” No it’s not lawful.
Satan is always trying to convince people that they deserve sickness and
disease. Satan may have the ability, but he does not have the legal right to
put that on you. You have to challenge him and Heaven will back you up.
Know what you believe and challenge him.